The Frymire Auditorium was named after Thomas Robert “Bob” Frymire, who was enrolled at A&M in 1941. After three years of services in WWII he resumed his studies and graduated in 1947 with a degree in Aeronautical Engineering. He earned the Distinguished Student Award and his Aggie ring in the class of ‘45.
In 1950 he established Frymire Engineering Company in Dallas, Texas, which has been recognized as one of the largest mechanical engineering and contracting firms in the southwest.
Mr. Frymire established several permanently endowed scholarships, served as President of the 12th Man Foundation, and on the boards of The Free Enterprise Center, The President’s Council, The Chancellor's Council, and the Cotton Bowl Athletic Association. In recognition of his contributions, Mr. Frymire received the Jimmy Williams Distinguished Service Award, The Engineering Technology Award, and was named Distinguished Alumnus. He was inducted into the Letterman’s Hall of Honor and Cadet Corps Hall of Honor.